The RedWave ThreatID is a complete powder, liquid, and gas phase identification device, and the only portable FTIR (Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy) system capable of identifying more than 5,000 gases and vapours as low as 25ppm in concentration.
The innovative RedWave ThreatID quickly identifies unknown threats and provides the information you need to address any situation by pairing cutting edge technology with innovative software features and 24/7/365 Reachback Support.
The RedWave ThreatID provides sample identification you can rely on. Using proven FTIR technology, it not only identifies solids and liquids, but also gases which pose the greatest danger to responders.
RedWave’s ThreatID expands your capabilities by:
- Allowing users to identify more than 23,000 powders and liquids.
- Providing an “onboard” database with additional information on any library
- Preventing downtime from oversaturation; 365/24/7 Reachback Support
- Incorporating a 10 second module change over from “Powders and Liquids” to “Gases and Vapours”.
- Having a fail-safe design, so no alignment, calibration or configuration is required.
- Incorporating multiple gas sampling methods (Tedlar Bags for low concentrations, and Syringes for headspace or higher concentrations)
The Powders & Liquids Module
- Identifies over 23,000 Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs), Consumer Products, Narcotics, CWA, Explosives, Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
- Indestructible Diamond ATR (Attenuated Total Reflectance) sample interface
- Identifies components of complex mixtures and warns the user of dangerous samples.
The Gases Module
Identifies over 5500 Toxic Industrial Gases (TICs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Refrigerants, and Hydrocarbons.
- Detect samples at relevant concentrations as low as 25 ppm.
- Allows PID (Photoionization Detectors) correction for accurate concentration
- Headspace and confined space measurement
Results with Confidence
The advanced, multi-level search easily identifies samples combining a primary search for consumer products, mixture analysis for complex samples, and functional group classification for confirmation.
The system provides automated warnings for dangerous or problematic samples such as:
- Protein, explosives, CWA
- Mixtures, water
Instantly toggle to THREATASSIST, RedWave’s proprietary on-board chemical information database. THREATASSIST is a fully integrated, on-board chemical hazard database provideing instant information on chemical properties, hazards, and response information such as common names, IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health), and PID correction factors. The database contains information from NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health), PubChem, Wiser and other reputable sources. It is linked directly to the ThreatID’s spectral library for instant and accurate information related to the sample’s identity.
One Software, One Training
- Comprises a single software package for all your identification needs: Gas, Liquid, Powders
- Common procedures with integrated video guides make it easy for users to remember how to operate the device and reduces the overall training requirements.
- Multiple training options available; On-site, online, single day, or multiple shifts
Reachback Support – 24/7/365
- Immediate support for usage and technical issues at any time.
- Experienced Chemists are available to answer any sample or data interpretation questions.
- Real time remote viewing support through Wi-Fi connectivity
- Seamless data transfer through integrated email feature
DOWNLOAD OPERABILITY & CAPABILITY STATISTICS