APAC Security was founded in 2006 as a result of the Australian Federal Government’s decision to purchase Drug and Explosive Detection systems from Biosensor in Sweden. A condition for the agreement was that a technical support centre was established in Australia; hence the creation of APAC Security.
In 2010 the APAC team commenced the development of a urine screening cup, the APAC multipanel cup, for on site analysis of various drugs. In 2015 the cup was accredited to the Australian standard AS 4308:2008. The APAC multi-panel cup is a bespoke device, which we tailor make for various customers e.g. Drug Courts, Corrections and Work Place testing markets. In addition to our own drug testing devices, we also resell Alere ABBOTT’s range of toxicology products.
Clients have asked us to expand Drug Testing services to now also include:
- Specimen collection, where we carry out the drug testing on Site.
- Toxicology services, where presumptive positive samples are sent to a laboratory for confirmatory testing.
- Nationally recognised specimen collection training, where we train our clients to become accredited urine and oral fluid collectors.
APAC is represented in Australia, Hong Kong and China, from where our sales and technical teams serve the various markets.
In 2020 we decided to separate the Security and Drug Testing portfolio into two entities:
- APAC Security who continue to provide Security products and services
- APAC Diagnostic who is a provider of Drug Testing Consumables and Services.